Friday, May 10, 2013

Finished Friday: Pixelated Heart


IT'S FINISHED!! and before Mother's Day, might I add. I'm so happy! I really enjoyed working on this little quilt. Well, I guess it's a wall hanging and not a quilt. Whatever! I'm considering making another one, but  a throw size. Here are the specifics:

Wall Hanging Size: 22 1/4 inch square
Patch Size - Finished: 1 1/2 inch square
Patch Size - Cut: 2 inch square
Quilted: Hand quilted random squares with random patterns
Work Schedule: Randomly for a month, but most work done in the last week and a half. (I'm a pressure worker!)
Fabrics: Random scraps for the heart, and low-volume and tone-on-tone prints for the background. These were mostly found at Joann's, but some were scraps.
Binding and Back: Fabric from Joann's. The back is my binding. I just used my quick fold over method, which will be featured for Tutorial Tuesday next week.



Some up close shots of the quilting I did. I'm a fan of big stitch and chaining. Actually, I just love hand quilting! It's my favorite part! I will post about my process next week sometime.




And last, but not least, a picture of my sketch... you can also see some butterflies I was playing around with.


Did you make anything special for your mom for Mother's Day?

4 comments:

  1. Stunning!!Just gorgeous... and I love the embroidery touches!
    The purple binding/backing is so pretty to set it off.
    (I do small mug rugs /mini quilts with the "backing as binding" way, too , and love the lack of bulk.)
    Your mother will love this!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and fun! I'm sure your mom will love it! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Well done!!!
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete